2012 Home and Garden Tour Information
The 2012 Home and Garden Tour was Sunday, April 22, 2012 from 12 noon to 6 PM. The Tour’s Selection Committee has finalized the homes and gardens to be featured on the April 22, 2012 tour, and we are very excited about the variety of styles of the featured homes. Our goal was to find a great mix of homes that would reflect the diversity of our neighborhood. We are happy to share with you the selections for the 2012 event:
2012 Showcased Locations
- 744 W. 43rd – Stepping through the garden gate into this urban Eden, it’s evident that a true gardener lives here. Mostly hidden from street view, this expansive 1 acre garden features a 15,000 gallon koi pond and gently curving flagstone paths that invite visitors to explore. The beautifully tended beds were planted to provide a habitat for birds, butterflies and bees and specially selected to provide color year round. Want to learn about beekeeping as a hobby? The owner will gladly share his knowledge.
- 1325 Sue Barnett – The explosion of color in this whimsical garden was designed to showcase the beautiful home on this 19,000+ square foot lot. The large softly curving garden not only accents the home and front yard, but features a wide variety of seasonal and colorful plantings for year round appeal.
- 224 W. 34th – A newly completed renovation of an original footprint, this home has surprising interior features, modern touches and a tremendous focus on details and finishes. The exterior’s mitered corners, custom steel work and outdoor spaces as well as vaulted interior ceilings and a large working kitchen reflect the contemporary yet comfortable lifestyle that the owners desired. High windows provide natural light for Asian, Indian and African carvings as well as humorous antique store finds.
- 811 W. 41st – This newly renovated 1940’s era home features an open plan family room, beautifully expanded kitchen and garage turned outdoor living space. Vivid wall finishes and colors, an inviting backyard casita and stunning custom built doors complete this urban oasis.
- 424 W. 32nd – A lush succulent and moss rock garden welcomes visitors to this custom new construction. The house features a stunning entry, one-of-a-kind great room, well-appointed gourmet kitchen and upscale game-room. Vintage signs and toys, dramatic furnishings, unique lighting, old west artwork and Texas touches complement the lodge/ranch house style of the home.
- 811 W. 42nd – Newly renovated, the cozy warmth of the living area is made for entertaining. A lovely, appealing sunroom offers soothing views of a backyard filled with pathways, covered porches and cool shade. Several seating areas throughout the home showcase the three fireplaces in addition to exquisite custom stained glass windows.
- 1071 W. 41st – This original 2 bedroom/1 bath bungalow was creatively expanded to provide functional and well-designed space for a young family. A new master suite, family room, kitchen, study and entry along with creative use of windows make this house a study in maximizing space and light.
- 802 W. 42nd St - This Garden Oaks home was dramatically transformed with an eye-catching new roof design and added living space. A soaring ceiling, concrete floors and plenty of natural light enhanced by Moroccan architectural influences brings the new space to life.