Plan Approval Information
Garden Oaks is a Deed Restricted neighborhood with different restrictions for each section.
Owners are very strongly urged to obtain GOMO approval of their plans BEFORE applying for permits with the City of Houston. A work stoppage after your project has begun because of a reported and confirmed violation of the Deed Restrictions can be costly. Save yourself the stress and costs by getting early approval of your projects.
Owners are encouraged to attend a meeting early in their planning process to ask questions.
Check the GOMO Calendar for upcoming dates.
For Construction Plan approval of all projects needing review please submit this information:
- Completed and signed two page Plan Submission Form
- Current Survey of the Property
- Plans including site plan, floor plans, and elevations with full dimensions
- Include the Elevation (height) of the residence and the garage if building a new detached garage
For Construction Plan approval of a "remodel" or addition to an existing structure where ANY part of the original structure is not demolished, please submit this additional information:
- Plans showing the portions of the original structure which will remain
- Demolition Plans
- Photographs of the sides of structures which will be changed by the project
- Include the Elevation with height annotated of the residence and garage if building an upstairs addition to an existing detached garage